Having a clean home can give off a feeling of… well…cleanliness! However, during the summer time, the last thing many people want to do is stay inside and clean when they could be outside enjoying the weather. Here are a few tips addressing ways to save time cleaning, tips on how to tackle tough cleaning tasks, and tips for everyday cleaning tasks.
Save time with these cleaning tips…
- Keep a lint roller in your car and use it to clean instead of a vacuum!
- Wear your jeans more than once before washing them. This helps avoid excessive washing.
- Have a grease stain on your clothes? Rub a dab of dish detergent into the grease stain and rinse with water.
How to tackle those tough cleaning tasks…
- Rub a walnut with the shell removed over a scuff on your wood furniture. It will hide the damage.
- Use a damp rubber glove to remove pet hair. Just scoop it up!
- Hang towels on a towel bar in order to avoid musty towels.
- Use toothpaste to remove stains from your coffee mugs.
- If you have marker stains on wood, use toothpaste to get rid of them.
Helpful tips for everyday cleaning tasks…
- If your sneakers smell, sprinkle baking soda inside them. Before you go to wear them again, just tap the excess baking soda out.
- Scrub your sneakers with toothpaste to clean them.
Good Housekeeping. (2016, February 3). Our 50 best tips to make your house super clean. Retrieved from http://www.goodhousekeeping.com/home/cleaning/g2550/best-cleaning-tips/?